Media / Press Kit
Brotman|Winter|Fried, a Sage Communications Co.
SIMON Key Points
Designed exclusively for micro-businesses with up to 10 employees.
The first true GREEN payroll, 100% paperless. 100% online.
100% available on your smartphone and every other e-device.
SmartPay technology. Run payroll in 3-clicks.
It's all LITERALLY at your fingertips.
Exceeds the needs of 74.76% of all businesses in the United States.
(3,838,000 out of 5,134,000).
Affordable and all inclusive pricing starting at only $20 per payroll.
No fees unless you run a payroll! No monthly fees. No hidden fees.
- Employer self registration in minutes.
- 100% employee self onboard including W-4 and I-9. Employer receives alert when employee completes onboarding.
- Dashboard home screen with all key features needed to manage payroll.
- Live countdown ticker with automated text message alerts 48 hours, 24 hours, 8 hours, 4 hours, and 30 minutes before payroll is due to help keep payroll on time. Ticker changes color from green to orange to red as you get closer to your due date/time.
- Ticker countdown auto resets for next payroll.
- Run SmartPay in 3-clicks for repeat payrolls.
- Edit last payroll to run a new payroll in under 10-clicks.
- Easy fingerprint confirmation for added security and ease.
- Siri voice activated payroll.
- Get alerts with payroll to-do's.
- Pay payroll taxes, and federal, state, unemployment taxes automatically.
- Pay through direct deposit or debit card.
- Next payroll automatically set up to run.
- Link payroll runs to auto send report to accountant.
- Lifetime employee portal to view forms and check stubs.
- Manage all employee data. Customize each employees payroll earnings and deductions codes.
- View payroll history and run custom reports. Email or download into iBooks.
- Update and edit company information.
- Calculate and record manual checks.
- FAQ section with video tutorials.
- Refer a friend and earn free payrolls.
- Free Download from App Stores.
SIMON is out to revolutionize the payroll industry. With our exclusively designed SmartPay system micro businesses up to 10 employees can do their payroll in 3 simple clicks to their smartphone. Starting at only $20 per payroll, all-inclusive, there are no additional fees of any kind. The only truly paperless payroll, SIMON is free to download from the app store.
The Problem We Are Solving With SIMON
Micro-businesses up to 10 employees are overcharged and under served by payroll providers. 3,838,000 micro-businesses out of 5,134,000 (in 2016) typically got ignored and were charged payroll fees that they simply could not afford, leaving them to figure it out on their own resulting in payroll errors and costly IRS penalties.
We set out with a single focus: to provide a service that micro-business owners can do that is so easy there’s no worry about doing payroll wrong and getting fined by the IRS. With the convenience of a smartphone app and thumbprint confirmation, payroll is literally at-your-fingertips, anywhere, anytime.
What is innovative about SIMON
- There is no other payroll app available on the market today.
- There is no other 100% Green paperless payroll service on the market today.
- There is no payroll company on the market today that focuses solely on the micro business with up to 10 employees that needs streamlined services and very affordable pricing to run their payroll.
February 7, 2017
SIMON(TM) Says, Take Control Of Payroll In Three Simple Steps
GetPayroll(TM) to Launch New Product in App Store for Micro-Business Owners on Sunday, March 12,at SXSW 2017 Interactive Trade Show, Booth #1026, 1028, Austin Convention Center Lewisville, Texas.
According to the US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2016 there were 2,857,000 businesses with fewer than five employees and 981,000 businesses with five through nine employees. That’s 3,838,000 out of 5,134,000 total registered businesses, each of which is required to pay their employee(s) on a regular basis...
SXSW 2017, March 12-15, 2017
Logos: Animated and Static
About SIMON and GetPayroll(tm)
Launched August 15, 1991 by Charles Read, Custom Payroll Associates, Inc. (CPAi), is a leading full-service payroll, and payroll tax processing company for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Originally a mobile onsite accounting franchise, Charles Read transformed the business into its present day incarnation after the franchisor went out of business. In 1999, he successfully maneuvered changing market demands and increased technology to retire the mobile portion of his business to provide easier services offsite. He expanded CPAi’s operations to provide services nationally.
In 2005, Payroll On A Budget was created to deliver affordable, high-quality, paperless payroll processing via the internet to smaller companies with one to ten employees as a way to capture a market previously untapped by CPAi. Payroll On A Budget was the first “green payroll” in the country. Charles is responsible for the launch of GetPayroll, a fresh new take on his current business designed to attract a younger market requiring assistance managing their business’ payroll and tax obligations. His leadership and direction has grown CPAi steadily at a rate of 10% annually and placed it in the top 10% in size for payroll processing companies. Always striving to improve upon existing services, SIMON is now in development and is set to be a revolutionary new product. Simon(tm) 3-click(tm) paperless payroll will change the small business payroll landscape upon its release in March 2017.
Charles Read, President/CEO GetPayroll and SIMON
Charles Read founded his payroll company in 1991 and has evolved his company to the ever-changing needs of the business owner. He is an accomplished senior executive and entrepreneur with more than fifty years of financial leadership experience in a broad range of industries, as well as a licensed CPA. His extensive background stretches across accounting, tax, manufacturing, construction, information technology, marketing, transportation, logistics, human resources, wholesale distribution, insurance, credit, and more. In addition to his executive career, Charles is a decorated United States Marine Corps sergeant, a combat veteran of the Vietnam War.
Chris Boyce, Payroll Operations Manager
Chris has been in the payroll industry for well over 15 years. After eleven years at Paychex, he moved to GetPayroll and quickly grew into his current role. He has helped to shape the payroll landscape with the development of SIMON. Chris holds a BA in Business Management. He shares his payroll expertise through our online Payroll Academy and Evolution Education.
Devon Kirk, Marketing Manager
Devon Kirk brings seven years experience as a multi-business owner and 21 years in all aspects of marketing. She has a degree in IT and certifications in digital marketing, web, and graphic design. As a business owner, she would stress each time payroll had to be done, and after being overcharged by several large payroll companies, and several costly mistakes, learned the in-and-outs of doing payroll correctly. She shares small business tips and tricks through our free online education.