How do I get my unemployment tax rates?

You have two unemployment tax rates – Federal and State.

Your Federal Unemployment Tax Rate is fixed.  That is to say, It changes infrequently. Learn more here.

Your State Unemployment Tax Rate is sent to you each year by every State in which you have a reported employee.  For example, if you have employees in Delaware and Pennsylvania, you’ll receive two unemployment tax rates. If you use a payroll provider (like GetPayroll!) be sure to send them your new rate each year. As a result, you will avoid penalty and fees for underpayment. If you are a GetPayroll client, we will email reminders to send us your new rate. Each State also has default employment tax rates for new employers and should let you know what that is when you register and get your State Unemployment Tax ID.

Learn more about our payroll services by scheduling a demo.